It’s Not Easy Being Green: Two Designers Exploring Sustainability Worldwide
What can designers do for a better world? With this question in mind Aart van Bezooyen and Paula Raché started a journey visiting sustainable projects and initiatives worldwide. This book brings together six months of making new friends, photographing local impressions and collecting material things. Together with almost 60 designers, entrepreneurs and change-makers from Brazil, Argentina, Chile, New Zealand, Australia, Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Singapore, Malaysia and Japan they are sharing a sustainable snapshot of what is happening in the world today.
This book is a limited edition (1000 copies) and available upon request. The book is not for sale but donations are much appreciated. 100% of your donations go to Viva con Agua, a charity organization that supports people with clean drinking water worldwide. Aart and Paula believe that happy reading goes very well with helping others. With more than 250 colour photos of people, places and things for your inspiration.
Adélia Borges, Juliana Buso, Virginia Kistmann , Kleber Puchaski, Anabella Rondina, Gloria Ayerza, Eugenio Levis, Marcelo Eleta, Antonela Dada, Bruno Sala, Leandro Laurencena, Maximiliano Cifuni, Constanza Nuñez, Gabriel Pires Mateus, Rocío González, Lucila Peró, Augusto Cubillos, Natalia Núñez, Marcela Godoy, Mario Maldonado, David Trubridge, Malcolm Rands, Simon Lockrey, Dan Atkins, Aleta Lederwasch, Michael Mobbs, Kate Archdeacon, Singgih S. Kartono, Elora Hardy, Anna Sutanto, Fitorio Leksono, Arief ›Ayip‹ Budiman, Popo Danes, Veny Lydiawati, Nobuyuki Narabayashi, Chompoonuj Weerakitti, Pattarapol Chantkam, Tang Moonchinda, Ruttikorn Vuttikorn, Le Vo Hoang Lan, Diana Saw, Pelle Gätke, Brecht Van Der Laan, Liu Jie Hong, Mette Kristine Oustrup, Michelle Maisie Wong, Chris Chua, Su-Ann Wong, Steve Mccoy, Gregers Reimann, Loo Ly Mun, Firdaus Nisha Faizal, Fumikazu Masuda, Mie Suzuki, Benjamin Adrion, Dannie Quilitzsch, Christian Wiebe, Tobias Heimhalt – with a preface by Niels Peter Flint.
First edition: 1000 copies
Design by: Paula Raché
Printed by: Lokay e.K.
Funded by: 2011 Ideas that Matter prize
Collaboration with: Viva con Agua de Sankt Pauli e.V.
Copyright Aart van Bezooyen & Paula Raché
Two designers explore sustainability worldwide | new publication
Book Reviews and Press
03/2013: Culture news at the culture360.org website by Judith Staines
02/2013: News entry at the Dexigner portal by Levent Ozler
02/2013: Blog entry here at the TYPO Berlin Blog by Sabine
01/2013: Book review here at Treehugger by Petz Scholtus
11/2012: Blog entry here at the 360 Inspiration by Zuzanna Skalska
Get the Book
- Munich, Febuary 24, 2013 // Lecture at this year’s Munich Creative Business Week (MCBW) – download the program here (pdf)
- Trier, January 10, 2013 // Lecture at the Hochschule Trier – Trier University of Applied Sciences
- Halle (Saale), November 28, 2012 // Lecture at the Burg Giebichenstein University of Art and Design Halle (» read more)
- Hamburg, November 2, 2012 // Inspiration talk for the Global Sustainability Jam session in Hamburg (» read more)
- Leipzig, October 26-28, 2012 // Daily at the Designers’ Open festival. You can find us at the DO/MARKET Booth M.68 (» read more)
- Hamburg, October 17, 2012 // Meet us on Wednesday 19h00 at POPINEFFECT, a popup store in HafenCity (» read more)
- Berlin, May 17, 2012 // Book preview during the TYPO Berlin 2012 conference on SUSTAIN (» read more)
The book is not sold in stores. To present or get this book for your library, your organization, your company, or yourself – please send your request to: book(at)itsnoteasybeinggreen.net